Regardless of the type of company, size, or industry, social media marketing is essential for your business to thrive and simply, survive! When done consistently and correctly, it generates leads for your business, increases brand awareness, and is a channel of communication with your existing and potential clientele. Hootsuite’s Global State of Digital 2020 Report aims to provide an extensive view of the state of social media, e-commerce, and the internet around the world. It found that half of the world’s population, (that’s 3.9 billion people!) is on social media. Wherever you may be, you must utilize social media tools in order for your products or services to reach your target audience.
However, as the owner of a small business, your time is already limited as it is. How do you keep up in the digital marketing world? In addition to learning how each social media platform works, you must then keep up with updates, create and post content, track analytics, and actively engage with your audience. Keep in mind- there are actual professionals who are dedicated to doing this 8+ hours every day! Trying to run the social media marketing for your event rental business yourself creates a risk of wasting precious that you don’t always have!
The key is finding apps that help you organize and automate your social media presence. Here are some options you might find helpful for your event rental business:
- Canva is a user-friendly graphic design website that provides over 50,000 templates for you to create custom, branded graphics for your event rental business’ social media accounts. The templates include everything from Instagram story templates, to Facebook banners, and even logos! If you’re a bit more skilled in graphic design, you’re also able to create any graphics from scratch by drag-and-dropping different fonts, icons, illustrations, and more. Even without an in-house graphic designer or extensive photo editing knowledge, you’re able to create beautiful, professional-looking graphics for free and improve your company branding across your social media channels.
- Tailwind is a complete marketing tool kit for your Pinterest and Instagram accounts. You’re able to see a post from end-to-end, meaning you can discover the content you want to repost or upload your own content, schedule the post, and monitor and analyze how your pins or posts are performing. Tailwind even suggests the most optimal times to post your content in order to reach a larger audience and suggests relevant hashtags that have the most traffic.
- Kicksta is an Instagram growth service that helps you grow your Instagram business account with organic followers and likes. Once you sign up, you’ll create a list of Instagram accounts that you want Kicksta to target. These accounts will typically have the kinds of followers or target clients that you want to attract to your page. This can include influencers, competitors, or other relevant brands. Kicksta will then “like” these Instagram user’s photos. By liking their photos, the account will receive notifications that you liked their images, and hopefully, take a look at your profile and potentially follow you- thereby increasing your brand awareness.
- SocialPilot is a comprehensive social media marketing tool that helps businesses and agencies automate their social media management across numerous channels. From publishing posts on a variety of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and even TikTok, to analyzing their posts’ performance, SocialPilot helps you save time and gain efficiency. Moreover, you’re able to create, run, and analyze Facebook ads right from the SocialPilot dashboard.
- Mention is a social listening tool that helps you monitor online conversations or posts that mentioned your business. Mention searches various forums and social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and identifies every time someone talks about your products or brand. Once Mention finds the conversations you were mentioned in, you’re able to organize posts into smart folders and filter through conversations with robust filtering options. Then, they aggregate the data into a comprehensive way to make it easy and seamless to view key metrics or get important insights on how your brand is being portrayed.
Event rental business owners are faced with a never-ending list of to-dos and responsibilities in order for their business to run seamlessly. Combined with the day-to-day tasks of communicating with clients, organizing events, and more, managing your business’ social media channels can be the last thing on your mind. However, there are a plethora of great tools that can take a bit off of your plate and help you stay productive. Any tools that help you create and share beautiful content, schedule posts a week or 2 in advance so that you’re not spending time every day posting across different platforms, and view analytics to see how you can improve your effectiveness are worth looking into! Since one of the most important factors of creating a loyal and relevant social media following is consistent posts and follower engagement, it’s important to automate your posts as much as possible. Not only will consistent posts help algorithms show your content to followers more than accounts that post sporadically, but consistent posts grow your audience, help increase engagement, and build a loyal following base- which can turn into paying clients!